Friday, June 6, 2014

How Now Brown Cow by Kay Wyne



How Now Brown Cow
(this is a temporary name for the painting, until I decide on title!)
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Cow
Framing is optional, as the sides of canvas are painted.

I think I am finished with this painting.  It is sitting on my easel, and I will take a few days to step away from it and see if I need make any adjustments.  This beauty was over at the Ft. Worth Stock Show in February this year, and I decided to put him out in a field on my canvas.  I may need to re-take the photo, as the colors don't look as true in the photo as they do standing in front of the canvas.
Here is my reference photo...I thought he was beautiful standing there in the barn, getting ready to be shown. His coat was clean and blown-dry.  I think he traveled from Illinois to Ft. Worth for the stock show.  Below is a a close-up of the eye.  
Thanks for looking at this blog, and if you have any questions or comments concerning this painting, contact Kay.  Thanks for looking....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment